‘Bee’at the Heat & High Energy Bills!
As you know, California gets un“bee”lievably hot during the summertime. But when it comes to keeping the heat out of homes, air conditioning isn’t the right solution for everyone. So, whether your home isn’t ducted for central AC or you’re tired of paying those insanely high energy bills, we offer an alternative cooling solution for you—a whole-house fan!
What Is a Whole-House Fan?
Air conditioners are great at keeping homes as cool as can “bee.” But the pricey energy bills that come with operating these units are a real buzzkill. If only there was a way you could keep the heat out of your home without feeling the sting in your budget. Well, as luck would “hive” it, there is! It’s called a whole-house fan.
Here’s how it works: This unit pulls cool, outdoor air into your home, while simultaneously forcing out the hot air inside your home through your attic vents. While cooling down your indoor space, a whole-house fan also brings fresh outdoor air inside while pushing harmful airborne contaminants outside—all for just pennies per hour.
Operating a whole-house fan is simple, but the key is to run it at the proper time—namely, when the outside temperature reaches your desired inside temperature. This typically occurs in the evening or early morning.
Here’s how it works:
- When the outside air is cooler than your home’s indoor air, open three to four windows 4 to 6 inches each.
- Turn your whole-house fan on. It’s best to start on high speed and then, as the temperature in your house begins to drop, lower the fan speed.
- Your fan will flood your space with cool air while it expels hot, stale air through your attic vents.
- Voila! You get to enjoy a cooler, healthier home!
Enjoy These Sweet Advantages!
Operating a whole-house fan is as sweet as can “bee” with these advantages:
- Instantly feel 5 to 10 degrees cooler.
- Dramatically cut AC costs by up to 50-90%.
- Eliminate cooking odors, pet dander, smoke, germs, gases & other unwanted airborne contaminants.
- Improve your home’s IAQ.
- Keep your attic cooler by up to 50 degrees.
- Lower your carbon footprint.
Whole-house fans are great in the winter, too! During California’s chillier months, your whole-house fan can heat and ventilate your home. On the warmer days, turn it on for a few minutes to bring warm, fresh outdoor air inside while pushing out the cooler, stale, stuffy air.
Do you have an air conditioner? You’d still benefit from installing a whole-house fan! Using this fan along with your air conditioner cuts down on the amount of time your AC system needs to operate, which, in turn, extends your air conditioner’s lifespan while significantly lowering your monthly energy bills.
You Better ‘Bee’lieve We’re the Team to Call!
Ready to make the switch to this energy-efficient cooling solution? Give us a buzz at 805.864.2276 or fill out our form to schedule your whole-house fan installation in Atascadero, CA, or nearby!